Chevron Izzy Dress

I love the Izzy Top Pattern recently. I've made a knit top for my daughter, which is currently covered in dirt because she likes it so much she actually plays in it... I don't like that it's covered in dirt. I made a highly modified one into a dress for the last show I costumed. The latest one is pictured below. 

I originally bought this fabric to make myself a blouse last year, but never got around to it and then decided that I was not that into the print for myself anymore, so I made my daughter a dress. I have been promising her this dress for months so this week I finally sat down and sewed the dang thing up.

I lengthened the bodice to make a dress. I was originally going to do a high-lo hem but it didn't have enough of a difference to look intentional... instead it just looked like my hem was terribly crooked. So this morning, in the crazy hour before church, I cut off the hem, re-serged, and hemmed again. So much better. I feel like it hits her at the right point. 

The fabric is a lightweight poly, thicker chiffon/light crepe, from Hancock fabrics that you could probably find in their spot the bolt section. It's a bit diaphanous so I lined the whole thing in rayon. For the yoke I interlined the chevron poly and used rayon for the lining piece. So there are three layers of fabric.

Lastly I did a zipper closure in the back instead of a button and liked that quite a bit better with this dress version.

No comments:

Post a Comment