#DIY Chevron Maxi Skirt

I was able to test a pattern for Jocole Patterns last week, links below.  The owner is my cousin and so I get to test for her quite frequently... she's also helped me get so much better behind the machine by allowing me to test for her.  I started out sewing little girl's clothing for my daughter.  Now I sew so much more, including things for myself. 

   
This is an A-line skirt pattern with different length options and with instructions on how to make the chevron look with striped fabric.  Of course you can make it with any fabric and she just wrote up instructions on making a hi-low variation.  I can't wait until it's released and I can link up to the pattern.  Oh, and it has a yoga waistband, so I wear it on my hips.  Another tester described these skirts as glamorous sweatpants... um I'll take it ;)

I'm using her yoga waistband tutorial and altering another maxi skirt I have that has a waistband that I just can't stand.  It's a black skirt so I just picked up a half yard of black knit to make the waistband.



  I don't know if you can tell... but look closely and you can see that I added a lining.  So glad I did because my fabric was lightweight/thin/see through and I'm just not into that look.  I didn't want to have to worry about flashing my goods at the world so in went the lining.  I just cut a second skirt out of white jersey and at a shorter length and sewed all the pieces together at the side seems.  Also, I made the size Large, maxi & tall length.  I love my maxi's extra long... floor grazing long... no high water maxi's for me please.  Oh and I should mention I'm 5'8'' and this is how it looks on me.

I definitely see a solid coral version in my future.




Here are links for Jocole's patterns:

jocole.com
etsy.com/shop/jocole

her patterns are also sold on
girlcharlee.com

i love their fabric and that is a separate post entirely but L-O-V-E love them!

Updated to add:
Here is the direct link for this skirt pattern. 

3 comments:

  1. Does extra fabric need to bought to make the stripes chevron?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If using the Jocole pattern the yardage requirements for the chevron skirt are listed. Otherwise if you're trying to make this skirt without a pattern you'll want to buy at least 1-1.5 yards more than you previously calculated. Also here is the direct link for the Jocole pattern that I tested: http://www.jocole.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_14&products_id=127

      If you make one send me a link I'd love to see it. Let me know if you have any questions too.

      Delete
  2. It's better is the dress can be shorter in this diy project.

    ReplyDelete