Tank and Boxer Set

I sewed something for a boy! I have never sewn clothing for my boy. I've bought patterns and fabric but have yet to sew up a shirt or pair of pants. 

I tested this pattern for Jocole. It will be released as part of the the Boy's Bundle Up Sale that launches this Friday August 22nd.








Pattern: Tank and Boxer Set
Size Cut: I cut the 2T.
Textile Used: I continued stash busting and upcycling with this project. The knit for the tank is a lightweight jersey made from scraps from Jocole's mama. Jodi (head of Jocole) is my cousin and her mom gave me some scraps when I was visiting one time. The shorts were cut from a pair of shorts of my husband's that had holes in irreparable places.
The Good: These sew up so quickly. I liked the length of the tank very much and love my boys little muscles. The shorts sewed up quickly too.
The Bad: I made a test version so these shorts were really big in the legs at first but that problem has been fixed. Yay for testing!
Changes Made: I chose not to sew the fly front on the shorts since our little guy is still in diapers and won't be able to coordinate such a clothing detail for some time.
Changes for Next Time: None. These are just great as they are.
Conclusion: A great boy pattern to be used for pj's or casual wear.


1 comment:

  1. Well done! My "kids" are already adults and I remember that I sewed more or my daughter than for my son (I think it's because of the variety of girls' stuff and I did not have so much time anymore when I was mom of 2). This ensemble looks so nice and the photos are so cute. I also think the chosen colors are matching so perfect to his red hair! Have a nice day, Philo

    ReplyDelete