Roo Romper

Sorry I've been a little MIA lately. I've been painting, making jewelry, testing patterns, and trying to figure out the school situation with my oldest. I'm getting back behind the machine again and churning out some cute things. Also, I'm trying REALLY hard to only use up my stash. I decided it was a bit ridiculous having so much fabric on hand for "someday" projects. I want to start working through them. Anyway here is a recent romper I tested for Too Sweets Patterns.







Pattern: Roo Romper
Size Cut: I cut the 5T.
Textile Used: I used a lightweight knit cut from a maxi dress I no longer wear. For the binding and straps I used scraps of leopard sweater knit I had on hand... See stash busting.
The Good: My daughter says this is super comfy and she likes wearing it all day.
The Bad: I had a rough time with the straps. Another tester used cotton and I think that was genius but I didn't have any that coordinated as well as the leopard.
Changes Made: None this time.
Changes for Next Time: I think I'm going to unpick the leg hems and add a band out of more leopard. I was thinking of adding a leg band for a more tapered finish and then my daughter requested that it have some leopard at the bottom like the top so we'll do that soon.
Conclusion: Cute and comfy. Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment