Crossover Tunic and Dress

Well I've been sewing up a storm. My job didn't work out and then the husband got a night job. So I've been sewing while the kids are napping and while he's at work. Somehow I still have tons of fabric ;) Here's one of the items I made last week.

Pattern:  Jocole - Crossover Tunic or Dress   
Textiles Used:  I think it's a lycra knit that I got locally, at Nuttal's if you're in Utah.
Sizing: The sizing on the top seems accurate and the skirt is very roomy. I cut a small in the bodice and then cut a small in the top of the skirt and graded out to a medium.
The Good: A very flattering pattern with two sleeve options and it sews together rather quickly.
The Bad: My neckline was a bit wonky. I turned over my neckline and stitched because I like the finish that way. I stabilized the hems with steam a seam but they were still a bit wavy. I think next time I would make a full lining for the front pieces and that might fix the problem... also it could just be that my fabric was a really light weight knit.
Changes Made:  I made a maxi as opposed to the knee length or tunic length the pattern is made in. Also I sewed my neckline down to the dress... didn't want things opening up on me, or to have to wear an undershirt. 
Changes For Next Time:  I think I would line the front pieces of the bodice. Conclusion: Highly recommend this pattern!  So cute and comes together quickly. 

How I styled it. I've been thinking of doing outfit posts with things that I make so you can see how I actually style my hand made items. Here is how I wore this dress yesterday.

I wore it with lots of black... sky high black wedges, a black blazer and black tassel earrings. I loved this. The blazer broke things up for me and was great for the cooler spring days. I made the earrings. My husband said they look like something that came out of the upholstery section... haha they did ;) My daughter was really hoping I'd wear leopard shoes with this dress... I wasn't sure if it was too much pattern mixing... maybe next time.