the REESE dress

A little update. I got a part time job. I'll have less time to sew for myself. So whatever I make has to count. It's got to be special. This is my year of quality over quantity and trying new things. I was telling my mom today that I want to sew a coat, swimsuit, button down blouse and pants this year. She says pants are easy and I'll be hooked making my own. How's that for encouraging!


~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~



I was asked to test the Reese pattern a couple weeks ago and it's been released this week. It sewed up quickly and has so many cute details. I love the button tabs and asymmetrical back closure.
So let's get into the review.


Pattern: Modkid - Reese Party Dress PDF Pattern
Textiles Used:  Cotton print from the Michael Miller Glitz collection. When I was asked to test this pattern I knew I wanted to use this fabric. This will be my daughter's Easter dress. I think I have enough to make a tie or bow tie for my son... you know because matching kids are super cute ;)
Sizing: Right on. I made a 4T for my girl and it fits great. I can cinch in the waist with the ties so there's room in the waist and it's not tight in the chest.

The Good: Super cute pattern. Thorough instructions. Sews together rather quickly. Love the details.
The Bad: I still have a hard time getting V-necks to look super clean and pointy. Something I need to work on. The most difficult sewing aspect is sewing in button holes, but other than that it's an easy pattern. Also, you could always do snaps if you're terrified of button holes. I used to be scared but find that if I sewed a practice hole into scrap fabric I was ready to sew into my garment.
Changes Made:  I added pockets. I'll be sharing more about that soon.
Changes For Next Time: I think I'd still add pockets since my daughter is really into them right now. And I'd like to try some tulle peeking out under the skirt.
Conclusion: Highly recommend this pattern!  So cute and comes together quickly. 



~ ~ ~ Risa ~ ~ ~

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how I missed your updates for so long. But this dress is soooo darling! It makes me want to sew :)

    ReplyDelete