Mint HiLo Raglan

I love print at home patterns. They're a pain in the rear because you have to print, tape and cut the pattern, but I think they're great. I love that I don't have to leave home to pick it up or wait for it to ship. When sewing for kids I think they're the best because I can just reprint and cut when they size up. I don't like tracing patterns... I think eventually I'll trace all my patterns but I'm not there yet.




I have found a few cute patterns on etsy, including this one. I was also wanting to get this sewn up as soon as I had purchased it but for some reason messed up my payment method. The shop owner was super sweet and sent me the pattern link early. 

I used a mint sweater knit that I found at a local fabric shop. It's very lightweight so I'll layer it with a long sleeve shirt underneath as it gets cooler.  




Pattern Description: Hi Lo Raglan. A casual dolman top sewing pattern with long raglan sleeves and a hi-lo hem. View B features a lined hood for the cool evenings. This top is a perfect fashion staple for any boho wardrobe!

Pattern Sizing:
I made the Medium but will make the small in the future. It's made to be loose so it's fine either way.

 
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done with it?
Yes.


Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? She recommends interfacing the neckline and I thought that was a great idea... especially with my thinner knit.  I like how it's a comfy top and great to pair with skinnies. It'll also be great with leggings and is long enough in the back to cover up your bum. 






~ ~ ~ Risa ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment