Fall aka the F word

My MIL doesn't like fall. Because it leads to winter, which she hates. So we call fall the F word. I on the other hand LOVE fall!!! It's got to be the best season for clothes. So I'm super excited to be trying new patterns and styles of clothing and getting to wear the things I've made for fall.

Here are some things I'm inspired by and loving.


All these images I've seen on pinterest. You can follow my boards here.

Here's what I love in clockwise order from top left: 

That pencil skirt is too cute. I found some knit fabric that is somewhat similar at Joann's of all places. So I picked up a yard and plan on making my own version next week.

That quilted sweatshirt thing is rad. Going to have to try quilting some things for my closet. It's a fun detail to add to something otherwise plain.

Boyfriend jeans. These have been around a while, but I'm just now digging them. So I bought a pair of mens pants at the thrift store for $3.99 and plan on DIY distressing them and seeing how they turn out. Should be fun.

Harem pants. I'm thinking I want to try a pair. I know they're kind of awful and fugly... but I like them lately so why the heck not ;). Worst case scenario they become comfy pj's or workout pants, and I don't see those options as a bad thing.

Raglans and leather. So I've pinned a bajillion raglans so I think I'll be making several this season. I bought a new pattern to make one and have a Vogue pattern so I should be able to turn out several in slouchy and fitted variations. Also, loving the slouchy shirt trend... a few things to show soon.

That sweatshirt is Anthro, isn't it? Anyway I plan on picking up some fabric next week to make one. I'm thinking it shouldn't be too hard and I'll show you all how I do it. I'm excited.

What are you loving this fall? Going to try something new? Do you make things inspired by what you find on Pinterest?

~ ~ ~ Risa ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment