Halloween Double Ruffle Skirt

I'm a sucker for the holidays and holiday crap! I love it. So the minute holiday themed crafty supplies start hitting the stores I'm a happy lady. As soon as I saw this Halloween print I knew it was too cute to pass up and it was time for me to make my girly girl some holiday skirts. We'll do a Christmas one whenever I can find the perfect fabrics ;)


Buy it Here!



I used the Double Layer Ruffle Skirt Pattern from Jocole. I tested this for her years ago and haven't made the pattern for a couple years. It was a great one to come back to and I was able to whip this up in almost one nap-time. I broke out my ruffler foot for this one. It was my first time using it so I definitely need to figure some things out but it gave me a good base with those ruffles. Also I don't pay too close to instructions once I think I know what I'm doing... so I don't know if you're supposed to ruffle both layers together or separately but I did them separately so this skirt is rocking some great volume. I just love how it turned out. My girl does too!

Pattern Description: Double Layer Ruffle Skirt. A super cute skirt featuring a double layer ruffle and a dropped waist. It's fun to mix and match prints and colors. 3 different length options make this pattern versatile (above the knee, at the knee and below the knee). Full elastic waist for easy dressing.

Pattern Sizing:
I made the 4T and it fits perfectly.

 
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done with it?
Yes.


Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes! Her instructions are great. She has instructions with pics and a page of instructions all typed out so you can just reference if you need to, but don't need all the pics. I like to print that page and taking down to my sewing area.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love how easy it is to sew. If you can sew a straight line you can sew this. Also it's a great place to start because you can learn about elastic insertion and gathering fabric. I'll be using the pattern again when I make a Christmas skirt.







 ~ ~ ~ Risa ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment