3D Pinwheel Baby Quilt

Happy New Year!

So I'm on a bit of a quilting kick. I'm loving it. I'm still sewing clothing for me, my kids, and now costumes for a theater production... but I'm also quilting. If you follow my instagram you saw that I made a skirt and a dress for a friend. She loved them, which is always nice. Sewing for others can give me quite a bit of anxiety, but it's getting better. Which is good because I'm about to sew a gown/dress for a friend headed out on a cruise! 

Anyway let's talk about this quilt. I mashed up these two pinwheel patterns.

3D Pinwheel Throw
and
Pinwheel Crib Quilt


And made this. To be honest I started this last year when I was on a quilting kick... got the top done and didn't finish... until this last week. Oh my. Now the intended baby is celebrating his first birthday. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has done this. Anyway I used Bonnie and Camille fabrics in only 3 colorways. The little guys room is aqua and red with a circus theme, so I wanted to make something that coordinated with that. I do love how this turned out. Honestly I can't tell you how the 3D pinwheels went because it's been so long. I will say you have to get creative with the quilting because of the pinwheels and little bunting/flag things. And I machine bound this quilt and it's my best binding yet.

Enjoy the pics and I hope the little guy, and his momma, love this quilt. It's so hard to watch these things go. This is the first quilt I've shipped off. All others have been given away in person. It was hard.








2 comments: