Little Skater Dress


Pattern: Little Girls' Skater Dress This funky yet functional knit dress has a fitted bodice, high neckline and a curved flared skirt.
Size Cut: I cut a 5/6 with long sleeves.
Textile Used: I used a stretch mesh that I picked up at Nuttall's and lined it with white tricot.
The Good: Cute comfy pattern for my girl. She loves it. And it pairs well with leggings and boots, it's cold where we live so this will be very important in the coming months.
The Bad: The fabric was not the easiest to work with... some of my stitching is wonky but the fabric has a bold pattern that hopefully hides a multitude of sins.
Changes Made: None.
Changes for Next Time: Next time I'll use a better fabric and I plan on making one with a box pleated skirt.
Conclusion: This is a very wearable and cute pattern. I have 3 more that I plan on making... a floral one (with pleated skirt maybe), an ivory lace one (because that's functional for a 5 year old) and an Anna costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment