Coral Shirt with Ruffle Shoulder

Well I've started working on my daughter's Fall/Winter wardrobe. It had been nagging me for a while and so I just started. Plus this way when the temperatures drop I don't have to scramble to make her things and have her with no clothing... that may have happened before. This is another thing I made using scraps. This time the leftovers came from my coral maxi skirt. She loves this top, and now she loves when I make her things... a couple years ago she hated anything I had made. 

Also, I've made clothing tags and have started attaching them to the items I make. I love them and will have to post a pic soon. They're also really helpful for little girls who dress themselves... things were always a bit confusing for her when my home made items didn't have tags.





 Pattern Description: Cap-Sleeve A-Line Dress.
Versatile pattern with multiple variations make this a pattern you'll reach for again and again. Simple a-line shape lends itself easily to various embellishments.


3 sleeve options: cap-sleeves, 3/4 sleeves and long sleeves
4 neckline options: jewel neck, scoop neck, v neck and boat neck
3 length options: hip length, tunic length, below the knee length



Yup, you read that right ... T-E-N different options.

Pattern Sizing: I cut a size 3 in the body and neckline, and a size 5 in the arm/sleeve. Next time I would cut a 6 in the arm because my kid just has full arms for this pattern. I made this in the tunic length with the 5T 3/4 sleeve option... which was just a tad too short so next time we'll choose a different sleeve length.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done with it? Yes. 


Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes. I still kind of do my own thing but it's nice to refer back to the instructions if needed.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love how quickly this pattern comes together. I sewed this up in less than an hour and think if you're a seasoned seamstress you could print and tape the pattern, cut your pieces and sew the tunic/dress in about an hour total. If you're new it might take 2 but still you could get almost all of it done during nap time! One of the things that makes this pattern so easy is the way you set in the sleeves. You just need to be able to sew a straight line and you don't even need to pin anything. So easy!





Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Added ruffles to the shoulder.




Please forgive her hair... these were taken after hours of playing and on a windy day... plus her hair is just on the wild side anyway.

Would you sew it again? Yes. I've made two thus far, this was my second and plan on making more in the tunic length. It just comes together so easily and is a great jumping off point for anything you can come up with.


Would you recommend it to others? Yes



And with that face our picture taking was done... 

~ ~ ~ Risa ~ ~ ~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment