So the time got away from me


2013 was not a stellar year for us. Lots of blessings, but not a stellar year. Towards the end I got a bit depressed and distracted and stopped sharing all the fun stuff I was making.

That's all I have to say about that.

I'm back... or plan to be back. I tested 2 lil' girl patterns last week and will be sharing those soon, probably when the patterns are released. One was a dress and the other is a hoodie of all things, and Eva absolutely adores it. Also, I still plan on making a quick video on how I drafted my pencil skirt, which seems to be a very popular post. I'm taking my etsy shop sewing in a new fun direction and will share more soon. And I've gotten into quilting. I love it and have become obsessed almost overnight. One of my few goals this year is to learn how to use a long arm quilter, and I found a place that will teach me! Also I plan on making a lot more quilts this year, and currently have a baby one in the works.

So I made 3, yes 3, quilts between Nov 22nd and Dec 20th. It was crazy, and by the time I finished the last one I had a killer back ache for days and my hands hurt, but I was in love. Watching that last quilt walk out the door was so hard.

Here are the pics of the quilts, via instagram so don't hate on quality. The first one was for my mom, the second for my MIL, and the last is for my SIL. The first two I echo stitched the blocks and the last one I echo stitched all the seams. All the backs have cuddle fabrics so they're super soft, and they are all "throw" size.

http://distilleryimage6.ak.instagram.com/920ed02e5ad011e3b39812f5057eb2b3_7.jpg

http://distilleryimage9.ak.instagram.com/54d4013261f311e3b99c0aa73e1070c5_7.jpg



http://distilleryimage0.ak.instagram.com/7921f7326d9d11e3aa140ef8d4400cb4_8.jpg

~ ~ ~ Risa ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment