Endless Dress

I tested the Endless Dress pattern for Jocole a few weeks ago. I had the thought to use a great velvet but the store was out by the time I went shopping so I used some fabrics in my stash. These fabrics at one point were bed sheets and curtains, now look at them! I love that there is a hint of peachy pink under the lace and my little one just loves the dress period!



It's called the Endless Dress because you can make SO many variations of the dress. Check out this Jocole blog post to see just what I mean! And check out this inspirational album to see what others have done. I myself want to make a chevron version and one out of a gold polka dot print for spring/summer.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~   

Pattern Description: Endless Dress from Jocole. A classic style dress with a peter pan collar, empire length or waist length bodice. 3 sleeve length options, and tunic or knee length skirting.

Pattern Sizing:
I made the 4T and it was a good fit but in the future I'll add a sash or ties in the side seams to bring in the bodice sides just a bit.

 
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done with it?
Yes.


Were the instructions easy to follow? They were. And she has great illustrations to go with. On the 4t I would add another button close to the waist seam but otherwise it's a great pattern, and definitely a great place to start and let your imagination run wild... might make an Annie dress for my daughter for Halloween.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? The pattern is great and there are so many variations that I want to sew it again and again. The collar itself came together really easily and other testers commented on how much they liked the collar instructions. Also there are snap instructions if you prefer snaps to buttons (for back closure)... so really it's just so great.








~ ~ ~ Risa ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment