Little Miss Derby Jacket

I sewed this the beginning of this year, before I started this blog. This has to be one of my favorite things I've ever made my daughter. The color was perfect, the lining was a fun addition, and it made me realize I could do more than I thought when it came to sewing. It was an empowering project.



I'm blogging this today because the pattern is currently half off for today only! I'm not being compensated to endorse this product, I just love it! Don't sew? The coat is available in my etsy shop as well.

Pattern Description: Little Miss Derby Jacket. This super cute fully-lined cropped coat features an empire waist with a button-up front. The ruffle is longer in the back and it's topped with a super cute bow (optional). A simple sophisticated straight collar and the faux princess lies really add a traditional touch. You'll love this coat, and it never goes out of style. The perfect addition to a fall or winter outfit.



 

Pattern Sizing: 
4T

 
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done with it?
Yes.


Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes. I never realized I could sew a jacket and was nervous but the instructions made this very doable.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? It's so cute what's not to love. I want to make another this year as a reversible coat, or a raincoat with an added hood. 




~ ~ ~ Risa ~ ~ ~

2 comments:

  1. Did you add length to the jacket? The pattern is cropped, but yours looks longer...which I like better. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did add length to this version. Probably about 3-4 inches to the bottom of both bodice pieces. Yes the pattern is cropped but I wanted a longer version. I'll probably make another one this year as my daughter has outgrown this one and I'll probably add length again... and possibly go without the collar.

      Delete